The Real Golden Thread

-> FOCUS ON PEACE <-

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-02 15:29:31

Gravy
Administrator

The plight of the homeless

This board was created at the suggestion of our dear friend Ninathedog, to share stories about those among us who have no shelter and ways we can help them.

May I be happy. May I be peaceful. May I be free.
May all beings be happy. May all beings be peaceful. May all beings be free.
May my enemies be happy. May my enemies be peaceful. May my enemies be free.

#2 2018-06-06 22:03:23

Ninathedog

Re: The plight of the homeless

Thanks Gravy and AL smile
It may take a while to do it, but I have a lot to share, and I hope many others will contribute even thoughts or opinions, if not experiences, as well.

One thing I will say off the bat is that homelessness is hard, and it destroys a person's self identity. Homelessness itself is a cause of mental dis-ease and distress. I struggled with this for a time, and I regained my balance. I think some people never do. What allowed me to do this was being left relatively alone to stay in my site for the entire period of time, four years. Most do not have this luxury and are continually harassed by the police, who force them out of their camps and take everything they own, hack any structure into bits with a chainsaw, and then cut down all the surrounding trees. This happened to me, ultimately, too, but I had a long time to heal. Others aren't so fortunate and the foul treatment by public servants sworn to protect and serve all citizens only makes things that much worse.

Over half the people living in Gaza are CHILDREN.
http://the-goldenthread.proboards.com/thread/43?page=1

#3 2018-07-09 17:43:45

Willard rohm

Re: The plight of the homeless

Ninathedog wrote:

Thanks Gravy and AL smile
It may take a while to do it, but I have a lot to share, and I hope many others will contribute even thoughts or opinions, if not experiences, as well.

One thing I will say off the bat is that homelessness is hard, and it destroys a person's self identity. Homelessness itself is a cause of mental dis-ease and distress. I struggled with this for a time, and I regained my balance. I think some people never do. What allowed me to do this was being left relatively alone to stay in my site for the entire period of time, four years. Most do not have this luxury and are continually harassed by the police, who force them out of their camps and take everything they own, hack any structure into bits with a chainsaw, and then cut down all the surrounding trees. This happened to me, ultimately, too, but I had a long time to heal. Others aren't so fortunate and the foul treatment by public servants sworn to protect and serve all citizens only makes things that much worse.

I'm stuck at a nursing home but it's better than a group home. Visited Bridgeview Manor twice and rejected that. The nursing home has internet, everybody has a TV, and no PHP/mandatory groups. It'll be 10 months on the 22nd. I was told that I needed a stable income in order to leave but I'm not allowed a job. Huh? Well I broke that rule because my friend has work and I'm trading that for future rent once his kitchen is finished. Or if that doesn't work my bro offered a room for rent as long as I had a job. I applied for a job at Family Dollar yesterday through Indeed. Oh I also walk as a pastime at Lake Pointe.

I can't begin to imagine your struggle Ninathedog. I slept in my car for a couple of days both times I rebelled so I reached out. That was 2008 and 2010. This is before I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. Though I think I fixed it now.

Ashtabula Ohio is a slum but rent can be as low as $400..

I hope my reply doesn't offend you.

May you heal and prosper.

Sincerely,
Willard & Will.

Adam and eve = Atom and eve (everything).    Jesus Christ = G is Crisis (gay).    God in the skies = god in disguise.    Sacrifice = sack of rice.

Board footer